Sunday, November 05, 2006

Panizza

This is my own silly concoction. Half panini, half pizza=Panizza! I love my panini machini!

12 slices of crusty Italian bread
1 c ricotta (fat free if you're watching the calories)
6 slices mozzarella
3 oz pepperoni, sliced
1 T dried oregano
1/2 c prepared spaghetti sauce
salt and pepper to taste
olive oil for brushing

Spread ricotta on six slices of bread, topping with pepperoni and mozzarella. On other six spread spaghetti sauce and sprinkle oregano, salt and pepper. Put halves together and brush with olive oil. Cook in panini machini and even the kids will like it. Good with ripe, sliced cantaloupe on the side.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

had my first panini last night...it was amazing...

J Fife said...

I aspire to be produce meals (even just one) like you. The results from my kitchen are best not shared.

J said...

Yummy. I don't have one of those machines either, but it sure looks great.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that sounds delicious. And that's saying something. Nothing sounds delicious to me when I'm still in early pregnancy.