Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Fire

While we were preparing our Thanksgiving meal here's what was happening just up the street--evidently it started with an explosion in the garage. It reminds me of the things I'm thankful for. At least no one was hurt.


Here's another view:

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Whoa, how scary. We had a terrible fire in the townhouses right behind ours this spring -- I had nightmares for several nights, since a bad fire is my greatest fear. Still, as you said, the important thing is if no one is hurt.

suki said...

So crazy! Glad noone is hurt. :(

krista said...

Wow.

Anonymous said...

Hope they had enough sense to not have caused this by deep frying a turkey in their garage...

Too many fires caused that way.

Anonymous said...

can't see how the fire started in the garage when the center of the house is gone and not the garage. Nice video good job

Leslie said...

Thank goodness no one was hurt. How devastating.

Penny said...

Omg.. I guess those people had their lives to be thankful for, but what a horrific way to spend the holiday! I feel so badly for them. My house burned to the ground one cold winter day ten years ago. There is a feeling of loss, helplessness and fear that lingers in the smoke. I hope that your community rallies around this family. It makes one realize how precious life is.

Anonymous said...

Having been in their situation, I can feel their sense of loss.
Hope it wasn't a turkey fryer. My buddy burned his house to the ground two years ago because he did not watch the fryer. Oil bubbled over the edge and down on to the heating elements. Poof, and it was all over. No stopping a fire like that. My prayers are with them.

Kelly said...

Turnagain View Estates is a wonderful neighborhood and we will be sure our neighbors are taken care of and provided for. The family is in our prayers.

Ni Yachen said...

Did you see the Anchorage Daily News linked its article about the fire to your blog and video? Here it is if you didn’t.

http://www.adn.com/front/story/8435811p-8329990c.html

Anonymous said...

i was two houses behind the fire when it started, it went on for hours.

Anonymous said...

When I was in college, my brother accidentally set my mom's house on fire. I went crazy that night trying to find out if they were hurt or not.

They weren't. Whew.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how sad. I'm glad no one was hurt.