Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Songs Overheard

Lillian: (singing Angels We Have Heard on High)
"GloooooooOOOOOOOO--ria!
In-ex-pen-sive Day-O
GloooooOOOOOOOO--ria!
In-ex-pen-sive Day-AY-O!"

David: (singing Jingle Bells with his distinctive lisp)
"Oh what fun it is to ride
In a slippin' slippin' sleigh-AY!"

Spencer: (singing Let It Snow, Let It Snow and knowing full well what the correct words are)
". . . and since there's no place to go,
yellow snow, yellow snow, yellow snow."

David: (singing Frosty the Snowman and no he doesn't know what that word means)
"Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, jolly ho--
With a cock-eyed pike and a runny nose and two eyes made out of coal . . ."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Spencer has been listening to Frank Zappa behind your back. ;p

When I was a kid, I used to sing "In egg shells, she's day-o"

Anonymous said...

We've been singing "We miss you a Merry Christmas." around our house.

flip flop mama said...

Those are great! In Primary the leader is teaching the kids to say In Eggshells day-o. Too funny

Anonymous said...

Now if those were the words, I would totally love Christmas music.

Anonymous said...

"Deck the halls with boughs of horry, ra ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra."

Scribbit said...

What is that? Scooby Doo? :)

Marie N. said...

My kids misspeak the words by accident, my husband and I do it for kicks! We are a family that laughs together.

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

"Fleas on my Dog" to Feliz Navidad is very popular in my house, but alas it's my very adult wife singing it to our 15 months old son. I love your posts, just to let you know; thank you for sharing your wit, wisdom, and the stuff between.

An Ordinary Mom said...

"O Little Town of Bethlehem"

Yet in thy dark streets, China.

As a little kid I could never figure out why we were singing about China when Jesus was born in Bethlehem?!?

Thanks for sharing your overheard songs :)!!

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!

Julia has been singing Jingle Bells. She's got it all except, "Oh what fun it is to ride in a sopen sopen sleigh."

Anonymous said...

My 5 year old grandson sings the first Noel like "Oh-oh Weh-el...oh-o well!"
Thanks for the chuckle!

Chickadee said...

LOL!!! I remember making up words to Xmas songs as a kid.

Do your kids sing the "Jingle bells, batman smells, robin laid an egg?" version of Jingle Bells?

If not, just wait for that one!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

You need to watch "A Chirstmas Story" again.