Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bouchercon 2007 in Anchorage, Alaska

Bouchercon 2007 in Anchorage, AlaskaI know the biggest buzz on the female blog circuit is the BlogHer conference in Chicago this summer but if you're looking for a fun place to visit and some real happenings (and don't get me wrong all you Windy City lovers out there) get your tickets for Bouchercon which is being held here in Anchorage, Alaska September 27-30.

You haven't heard of Bouchercon? It's the biggest and longest-running mystery-lovers convention in the world. Named after mystery writer Anthony Boucher, Bouchercon is the place where mystery writers, editors, sellers, publishers and fans get together for shop talk and rubbing shoulders with the Who's Who of the mystery world. (It's during the convention that attendees choose the winner for the annual Anthony Award for mystery fiction).

Who's going to be there? Let me see . . . Thomas Perry, Diana Gabaldon, Robert S. Levinson, Otto Penzler (editor of The Best American Mystery Stories series) to name a few. The list of authors registered is updated here. And I'll definitely be there taking notes. I attended when The Left Coast Crime convention was held in Anchorage several years ago and can report a good time was had by all so I'm sure this too will be a treat.

If you register before July 1st the three-day fee is $200 but you can pick either Friday or Saturday for $100. The registration form has more details.

If any of you are headed my way let me know and I'll look forward to meeting you at the conference (and remember you may go to BlogHer but you can't fish for salmon in the middle of Chicago!)

Technorati tags:

9 comments:

Stine said...

Sounds fun! I've tagged you for the 5 faves meme - could be useful for conference-goers...

Deb said...

Sounds like a fun weekend and definitely more affordable than BlogHer; not counting the round trip airfare to Alaska, of course.

Julie Pippert said...

Oh how FUN would that be! And I've always wanted to go to Alaska. Wish wish wish.

Maddy said...

Mystery lovers! Well that would be me. [despite the hideous bear logo!] Mind you Alaska is a jolly long way to go for a convention.
Best wishes

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Ooh, I'm drooling at the thought of being able to do this... Can't make a commitment right now until I get some other things worked out, but it'll definitely be in the back of my brain!

someone else said...

Sounds very interesting!

I wanted to stop by and say thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog the other day. Please come back any time!

Blondie said...

I would love to go to Alaska. And a bunch of publishers and readings hanging out is this book-lover's dream. Alas, I just used up an awful lot of vacation time... Oh, and you CAN fish for salmon in Chicago. Um...OK, you can't. ;)

luckyzmom said...

Look for me under the cloak of darkness in the deep deep reaches of your mind.

I am a mystery....

especially to myself.

Lauri said...

I hope you get to go!