Friday, May 18, 2007

On the Road with the Write-Away Winner

Thank you to the 28 entrants of this month's contest and my eternal thanks to Meredith at Poppy Fields, our well-traveled guest judge, who visited every post and has picked her favorite on the subject of vacation and travel. Her blog is wonderful so please drop by and tell her thank you for yourself.

. . . And the winner is:

Jenn at Something to Say; About Life in the Netherlands with Postcards to Home

Jenn blogs all the way from Holland, or the Netherlands, where she and her three children (ages, 11, 9 and 2) and her husband have been living for the last several years. As you would expect, her blog is full of interesting comments and observations about living abroad and raising a family in another culture, but through it all Jenn has a good sense of humor and a steady head.

Hon
orable Mentions:

Robin at Around the Island with Vacation Memories
Jenn at Something to Say; About Life in the Netherlands with Comment on Dit "Locksmith" en Francais?
Carrie at Mommy Brain with A Honeymoon to Remember

***

Here is a complete list of entries in the order they were received:

Jen at One Plus Two with More Travel Lust

Daisy at Compost Happens with Just Dreaming, Not Wishful Thinking

Carrie at Mommy Brain with A Honeymoon to Remember

Nicole at Subarctic Mama with Fear of Flying with Children

Jenn at Something to Say; About Life in the Netherlands with Postcards to Home

Jenn at Something to Say; About Life in the Netherlands with Comment on Dit "Locksmith" en Francais?

Bill Braine from Exurbitude with Casey Jones You'd Better

Jaycee at Semantically Driven with Out in the Big Wide World

Kelli at A Far Green Country with The Great Road Trip of 2000 (part one) (part two) and (part three)

The Viscountess Coralie from Life More Abundantly with When Paths Cross

DS Writer's WorkTable with The Green Suitcase

Robin at Around the Island with Vacation Memories

Adventures in Daily Living with Ayat: A Year Ago Today

Stephanie at Stop the Ride! with Vacation on a Budget

Patois at Whee! All the Way Home with You Say "Vacation," She Says, "More Work"

Strauss at The Brave with The Sea Urchin's Test

Strauss at The Brave with The Coorong

Amber at Random Ramblings of a Drifting Mind with Vacation Diary--with Pictures!

Glennia at The Silent I with Disneyland for Rich People

Thea at I'm a Drama Mama with 6288 Feet

G's Cottage with Silver Anniversary: The Inn at Brandywine Falls

MotoMom with Vacation

Amber at Random Ramblings of a Drifting Mind with Destination: Destin

Amber at Random Ramblings of a Drifting Mind with Travel Tips

Jeanie in Paradise with Chrissy Hols

Ni Yachen at Ni's Jia with The Unexpected Vacation

Riley DeVoe at All Rileyed Up with The Vacation that Taught Me I Have No Idea

***

Steph at Adventures in Babywearing is having a drawing for some Mason Matisse baby goods that you might want to check out.

Kailani at An Island Life is hosting a vacation photo contest which goes very well with the theme of this contest. Here's my entry, and since I can't compete with some of the beautiful entries I'm going strictly for laughs here, but in my defense this day of snorkeling in Belize last October was one of the best days of my life:
Bannister Caye, Belize
Technorati tags:

15 comments:

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, I am so thrilled and so sweetly amazed. Thanks scribbit, for hosting a fun contest and thank you Meredith for taking the time to read.
Happy, Happy me.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful list of bloggers to discover! Makes me almost wish that it was a snowy day and I was trapped inside with nothing to do but read posts. Nice weather or not, I'll make a point of checking out each of them. Cool beans.

Mom2fur said...

I'm going to have fun looking over these blogs!
Thanks for visiting mine. I don't think you want the Ritz by now, though--they are probably stale. If they are, they get tossed to the birds. My birds and squirrels are well fed, LOL!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Oh. My.

That picture is hysterical. And now that I've beheld its glory, it will live forever in my mind.

Oy.

Unknown said...

Thank you for hosting this contest. I'm going to have fun reading these.

Unknown said...

Laughs indeed! Your photo is hilarious, although I'm not sure I'd be chuckling if I knew I were its subject ;-)

Prahagirl said...

Oi...that picture...burns in your brain doesn't it? :)

Congrats to Jenn! I loved your post!

Onward to June!

Her Bad Mother said...

Oooh, GREAT list. Will read and fantasize...

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

pI love that picture!! Thanks for entering the contest, too!

Steph

Daisy said...

I am enjoying the variety and the international flavor of the entries. Your contests open up a whole world to your readers! Thanks for the virtual travel.

Robin said...

Wow, an honorable mention. What a wonderful compliment. Thank you to both of you - Meredith for all your hard work in judging and Michelle as always for hosting.

I'm actually on the vacation I wrote about now so I haven't had a chance to read the other entries yet, but you can be sure that I will the first chance I get.

Of course I first have to remove the image that is seared across my brain blocking access of anything new... What a picture!

deedee said...

I love this photo! I think this would be an excellent entry in a vacation photo contest :)

Deb said...

I have to agree there are some interesting new blogs to check out. I had fun and I learned a few things which I will post soon. Thanks for hosting the contest.

The Estrogen Files said...

Good for those old ladies getting in gear like that! I hope I will be that way when I'm old(er).

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Now I know what all those comments on the photo contest was all about. That is hilarious!

Kailani
An Island Life