Sunday, June 17, 2007

Orange-Glazed Carrots

Orange-Glazed CarrotsThese carrots make a sweet side dish, great for holidays and Sunday pot roasts. I have substituted different juices for orange juice before and had good results--most often using passion-orange-guava juice which gave it a wonderful, light tropical flavor.

Not a bad way to eat your veggies.

1 pound carrots, sliced on the bias
¼ cup orange juice
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon lemon zest
¼ teaspoon salt
dash nutmeg
2 teaspoons cornstarch

Combine the orange juice through the nutmeg, stirring well to combine. Add the cornstarch, stirring to dissolve any lumps and mixing well. Stir in the carrots, coating with the orange juice mix thoroughly and cook in the microwave for 9-12 minutes on high, stirring once or twice, depending on the strength of your microwave.

Technorati tags:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OK, I am copying and pasting this one. I do a version with honey and parsley but this looks even better!

someone else said...

Mmmm yummy! I'm definitely going to try this.

Lei said...

Mmmmmm... I lvoove carrots, just about any way you can serve them!

Lei said...

lvoove=love... i'm typo-ing my way across the blogosphere tonight. lol!

Ice Cream said...

Wow! I have never really liked orange glazed carrots, but I'd never thought of using different juices. For some reason pineapple juice sounds good (I'd top them with bacon bits right at the end). Thanks for the new idea.

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy. I love carrots.