Friday, September 21, 2007

Our Learned Write-Away Contest Winner

Thank you to all who joined us this month for the Write-Away Contest and my biggest thanks to Chelle at Crazy Thoughts for reading and judging the 46 submissions all about Learning. There were a lot of submissions this month and a woman who's willing to take on all that reading deserves a big ol' peach pie or something. With ice cream.

. . . And the winner is:

Julie Q. at Mental Tesserae with Blank Canvas

Mental Tesserae has been a favorite blog of mine for a year so I couldn't agree more with Chelle's decision. A mother of four who reads, writes, professes (isn't that what a professor does?) and blogs, Julie pieces together her background in humanities with posts of her life in ways that make you feel you're not alone. If you're looking for excellent writing, Mental Tesserae is the blog for you--all those plagiarizers can't be wrong.

Honorable Mentions:

Theresa Bakker at My Fairbanks Life with Learning to Walk
Allison at Soccer Mom in Denial with Does the End Justify
Damselfly at Growing a Life with But Mama Gets All the Sugar

***

Here are a list of the entries in the order they were received:

Corrie at Tyler's Triumph with Be the Tree, Grasshopper

Tammy at Tammy's Times with Ask for Directions

Joan H. at Oasis of Sanity with The Person I Want to Be

Babystepper at Babysteps with Adult Education

Kathleen at So Grateful to Be Mormon with Priceless: "The Bitter" vs. "The Sweet"

MommaK at The Great Walls of Baltimore with Mom College

Zen Mother with Unschooling

Michelle at In the Life of a Child with Heaven in Her Smile

Amy at The Real Bee Log at The View from The Other Side

MadamSpud169 at The GOOD, The BAD & The Mischief with Learning Via Motherhood and the Internet

Deb at Mom of 3 Girls with Things I Learned about My Kids this Morning

Summer's Nook with Sometimes Learning Hurts

Daisy at Compost Happens with Any Questions?

Mommy Brain with Lifestyle of Learning

It's a Wonderful Life
with Learning

The View from My Fishbowl with What Learning is to Me

Allison at Soccer Mom in Denial with Does the End Justify

Lucy at An Ordinary Mom with "I Don't Have Time for This!"

Robin at Around the Island with A Lesson Too Late for the Learning?

Ten Party Girl with Tea Parties and Caring about the Bigger Picture

Jo at A Broad's Thoughts from Home with The Hardest Thing to Learn

123pizza's Weblog with Learning

It's All about the Mumple with Get over It

Tamara at Changing More than Diapers with It's Funny

Laura at Laura Williams' Musings with Learning Ends at the Moment of Death

J Chevais at No Taste Like It with What's Going On

Susie J with I'm Learning Not to Miss Him So Much

Homeschool Housewife with Learning about Planning for the Future

Dorit Sasson from Pieces of Me with My Left Foot

Shawn at Letters to My Daughter with A Profound Moment in Motherhood

Are We There Yet? with The Secret of Life

Donetta at Life Uncommon with On Learning

Amy at Doobleh-Vay with The Way I Felt Two Months Ago

Phyllis at Sommer Livin' with Chazak Chazak May We Be Strong

Julie Q. at Mental Tesserae with Blank Canvas

Alto Artist at On Chanting with A Leaf from a Tree

Dawn at Life with Learning

Theresa Bakker at My Fairbanks Life with Learning to Walk

Lei at My Many Colored Days with Getting to Know Me

Patois at Whee! All the Way Home with Learning

My Ice Cream Diary with Scribbit Write-Away Entry (Late as Usual)

Matthew at Common Misadventures with Learning on My Own Terms

Sabina M at "Life Isn't about Finding Yourself. Life Is about Creating Yourself" George Bernard Shaw with Things I Want to Learn

Bunny Trails with A Big Log [part one] and Big Log cont. [part two]

Damselfly at Growing a Life with But Mama Gets All the Sugar

Eve at Good Enough with Adventures for the Domestically Challenged

***


For those who could use a chuckle (found this at Lauri's), try this:



Next month's Write-Away Contest topic and guest judge will be posted on Tuesday October 2nd. Shall we consider a Halloween topic? Hmmmm. . . . think scary.

Technorati tags:

16 comments:

soccer mom in denial said...

Well Good Morning! An honorable mention - really? Thank you so much. I have longed for a Scribbit Write-Away (even mention). Thanks to Ms. Chelle, the judge, and to you Ms. M for organizing the contest.

Now I've got some good reading this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Very nice winners. I'm enjoying the reading very much.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Loved the winner...looking forward to visiting more!

Julie Q. said...

Wow, I'm so excited. I think I'm even more honored by the "favorite blog" mention than I am by the award itself. But that bag is awesome and I already have big plans for it.
Thanks for hosting this.

Lei said...

Julie did a beautiful job... I need to visit her more often, I can already tell!

Anonymous said...

Oh, darn it, these last couple weeks have just gotten away from me. Sigh. I really wanted to write something, too. So sorry!

Congrats to the deserving winners!

Theresa said...

To the honorable Ms. Chelle, I appreciate the mention. Thanks to you, Michelle, for being such a gracious and organized hostess. And to all my the bloggers and writers and mothers here, I'm learning from you everyday.

Anonymous said...

It was SO hard to pick just one ... All the entries were amazing! Thanks for having me as a judge :)

Lara said...

Yay, I've just been waiting for Julie to win this! Some day I will be brave enough to enter. I'm just waiting for the perfect topic. Something like "How insane have your kids driven you today". I think there would be some stiff competition for that one but at least I would be in the running.

Great contest Michelle!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Julie!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That is quite the list but the winner was well-deserved!

Jenny said...

Congrats to the winners!
And, that video is priceless! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

congrats to the winners :)

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Excellent choice! Julie's post was so thoughtful and beautiful. :D

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Can't wait to get started on this list, and to find more blogs that I just have to read every day. Sometimes I don't know where my morning goes!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the winners.....It's a very cool video by julie.....I hope to see more incredible stuff from you...by the way now I really got interested in your other entries also....