Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Apparently We Have Too Many Relatives

Lillian Talks of Santa"Lillian," I said, "Today I've got a surprise for you. Guess where we're going? I'm taking you to meet someone."

"Who?"

"It's someone that has white hair and wears red."

"Is it Grandma?"

"No . . . This is someone who has white hair, wears red and has a big white beard."

"Oh! Great Grandma!"

"No! Great Grandma doesn't have a beard, this is someone who drives a sleigh."

"Great Grandpa!"

"No! Someone who has lots of reindeer friends!"

"Uncle Luke?"

"NO! This is someone who comes to our house on Christmas Eve, comes down the chimney and brings us lots of presents!"

"Oh!" She proudly paused and said, "It's Uncle Kendall!"

I give up. She really needs to get out more.

***

Congratulations to Christie from Tremonton, Utah for winning the Triple Holiday Giveaway--she's won the pop up card from Crankbunny, the set of buttons from Minor Thread and the poppy bobby pins from Foundling. More this coming Saturday. . .

And congratulations to Kathryn from Anchorage for winning the Great Alaskan TourSaver coupon book. It should make for a fun summer.

***

For more reads today I'd recommend the Make it from Scratch Carnival or Tiny Talk Tuesday.

Technorati tags:

28 comments:

Lindy said...

Hilarious! I think I have her twin over at my place : )

I have an award for you in my December 6th post Michelle - you'll have to scroll down a bit : )

Melissa Markham said...

Hee hee! That's too funny! Especially about great grandma having a beard;)

Unknown said...

too many relatives and not enough friends...I hope great grandma doesn't read blogs...

Irene said...

That is SO sweet. I think it is wonderful that she has so many relatives around! VERY CUTE story!!!

jennwa said...

That is a precious story. I love moment like that with my kids.

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Don't know exactly how I came across your blog, but glad I stopped in! That was a cute story! You should enter it over in Tiny Talk Tuesday at www.notbefore7.com

I'll be back from time to time...

Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle, that is priceless. So glad it's saved for posterity now!

jubilee said...

Funny! At least you know she's not focused on Santa 24/7!

ames said...

haha! Maybe the real question is why all of your relatives look like Santa, hang out with reindeer, and are coming down your chimney...

Janet said...

We're doing Santa photos Thursday - that should be an interesting conversation as well.

Summer said...

Ok, that's too funny!

Julie Pippert said...

LOL, too funny and cute! And what an adorable photo of her. :)

Julie
Using My Words

Mrs. F said...

Ha ha. Kids are hilarious.

Maddy said...

Sometimes you wonder why you started!
BEst wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Montserrat said...

Well, at least her focus is on the family and not on the jolly. red guy. Sooo funny!

Carina said...

My kids don't even know who the Big Guy is. Everytime they see him they say, "Look! A snowman!"

Obviously they don't have a lot of experience with snow, either.

I try.

Pieces said...

That is too funny!

Deb said...

LOL, that is just too cute! :)

Maude Lynn said...

That is so cute!

Anonymous said...

That is just too, too precious Michelle! You should make sure that goes into her scrapbook !

Kids really do say the funniest things...sometimes!

Geo said...

Maybe you should get Great Grandma a gift certificate to an electrologist's salon.

This is a hoot!

Kelly said...

That is too funny!

ohAmanda said...

No question about the center of Christmas at your house, though! ;)

J Fife said...

I'm dying to meet your relatives. They sound like an amazing bunch.

Qtpies7 said...

I'm thinking Great Grandma might need to start plucking a bit, lol. Poor great grandma!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh my goodness...that is so funny, especially with all of the crazy "Santaness" everywhere. I can't get him off my kids minds!

Happy Tiny Talk Tuesday - that was cute.

mumple said...

LOL! I think she and the Howler would get along just fine!

Unknown said...

That's funny. She must be so fond with her relatives for thinking like that.

VERB