Sunday, January 06, 2008

Garden Shrimp Pasta

Garden Shrimp PastaThis delicious, light pasta came to me via my sister Carinne who loves shrimp more than any other human on the planet and who's come up with some terrific recipes for shrimp over the years.

This one is light and lean as pastas go, with lots of flavorful herbs to take the place of heavy sauces and creams. Really perfect for spring or for January when I'm making promises to myself about how much less I'm going to be eating.

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 pounds medium peeled and cleaned shrimp
8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
5 cups chopped Roma tomatoes
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese

Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil and next 6 ingredients (through shrimp) in a large bowl; toss well. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp mixture to pan; sauté 6 minutes or until done. Remove from heat; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Place pasta in a large bowl; add tomato, basil, and mint. Combine red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, sugar, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a small bowl. Pour over pasta mixture, and toss to coat. Place about 1 3/4 cups pasta mixture on each of 6 plates. Top each serving with about 3 ounces shrimp mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese.

Technorati tags:

17 comments:

United Studies said...

Sounds yummy! I am going to copy this down for sure!

Anonymous said...

With all those tasty ingredients it must be absolutely divine!

Anonymous said...

This looks FANTASTIC! I'll have to make this, I love shrimp. :)

the mystic said...

This sounds very similar to my most favorite dish which is shrimp and pasta and veggies and basil (and several other things). My problem is that even though it's a "light" dish, I LOVE pasta so much that I always eat WAY too much of it!

Cecily R said...

Crud. Now I'm STARVING for food we have none of the ingredients to make. And since it hasn't stopped snowing all day, a trip to the grocery store isn't in the cards...not for me anyway (I hate driving in the snow).

Heffalump said...

Mmmmm. Shrimp...Feta...Pasta...
what more could you need in a good meal?

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, another divine recipe Scribbit!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Dear Michelle
I will try your recipe, though we get tinned shrimps here in Botswana.
Made a powerpuff girl cake for a little girl yesterday. Do have a look.

Amy said...

This sounds delicious! I am in the mood for something a little healthier so this will fit the bill perfectly. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I own my own business so I dont have a lot of time to cook. This recipe was fast and easy to make. The basil with the oregano was excellent. Thank you for this recipe.

Anonymous said...

I own my own business so I dont have a lot of time to cook. This recipe was fast and easy to make. The basil with the oregano was excellent. Thank you for this recipe.

Ter said...

OMG, this looks soooo good, I'm saving the recipe and I think I'm going to have to put it on the menu very soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh! I saw this in bloglines but hadn't "read" it yet...GLAD I'm taking a bit of time to catch up, because I forgot (as is usually the case :/). This sounds wonderful, and yes, I love me some shrimp! Mint is curious, though...I can't imagine in advance how it'll taste.

This would be a yummy addition to my Snackalicious carnival (merged w/Recipe Round Up) this month if you have any interest in linking it :).

north america said...

Thanks for posting this recipe and image. Fresh Seafood

Anonymous said...

wow, this was easy and delicious
i made it twice in one week...no-one complained. thanks

Unknown said...

I made this meal and it was wonderful. Usually my husband is a meat and potatoes kinda guy, but he actually complimented me on this. Thanks for helping me come up with a new meal. :)

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

This looks really yummy!