Tuesday, May 20, 2008

May's Write-Away Winner

Payless ShoeShourceThank you to the 50 writers who sent in entries for May's Write-Away Contest on the topic of "Shoes," thanks to our guest judge Ice Cream Dairy and thank you to Payless ShoeSource for providing such a great prize (that $50 gift certificate plus a pair of their new Friendship Shoes).

I had no idea shoes would be such a popular topic, Andrew has been very smug about choosing such a great subject and it'll be hard to top it next month but I'm thinking with every brain cell I own and will do my best to present a theme worthy of your consideration and talents come June 3rd.

. . . And the winner is:

StoriesFor.Us with Competition in the Closet

I wish I could give you a better introduction to our winner but the truth is, she's a bit of a mystery woman. Two children and one husband, blogging anonymously from an unnamed location, StoriesFor.Us is a new-to-me-blog and I look forward to getting to know her better. Hope she likes shoes . . .

Honorable Mentions:

Miriam Pauline's Monologue with They Gave away My Red Shoes
MiaKatia at Flashing Yellow Lights with Middle School Crush: Justin Roper

***

Here are a list of the entries in the order they were received:

Living in Grace with Legacy

Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood with Blogging for Bail

Nature Nut at Mother Earth Mender with A Walk with Spud

Sage at Wise Herb's Random Jottings with What Are Shoes to You?

Kristin at The Arnold Family with Patience and Shoes

Phyllis at Ima on (and off) the Bima with Walking in the Right Paths

Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing with This Blog Has Been Seriously Lacking in Shoe Pictures

Kathryn with It's in My Sole [no link]

Hotomom at Why Are They Calling ME Mom? with Out of Control Addiction

MiaKatia at Flashing Yellow Lights with Middle School Crush: Justin Roper

Sucharita Sarkar at Whynotblogitout with Happiness Is a Full Shoe-box

Shauna at Shaunarumbling with A Phoenix Rising from the Ashes

Lil Mama at Life with Ana and Madelyn with In Her Shoes

Natalie at Tell Me about It with My New Shoes

JenH at The Hafen Family with Going Barefoot

Crum at Lost in the Bozone with Leather Friends

Heather at Heather's Reality Show with A Normal Question

I Know EVERYTHING--Just Ask My Hubby with Eight Things You Don't Know about Me

Knitty Geek at the Knit Geek's Blog with I Love Springtime

Rhonda at Because Mom Said So . . . That's Why! So, Pipe Down and Listen Up! with Please . . . Anything but NOT Shoe Shopping

Rhonda at Because Mom Said So . . . That's Why! So, Pipe Down and Listen Up! with Cabela's Is Not the Place for Wedding Shoes

Writer Girl 72 at Writer Girl with Shoe Broke Her

The Good Flea at Flea's World with Allergic to Weddings

sunnyislandbreezes.com with A Bounce in His Steps

Mommytime at Mommy's Martini with Invite My Shoes to Your Next Party

TJ Hirst.com with The Shoe Didn't Fit, But She Still Wore It

sunnyislandbreezes.com with The Shoes of My Life

Laurie's Blogspot with Living in the Land of Sandals

Kathy G at Kathy at 49 with New Thing #38: Fluffy Footwear

Gabrielle at Positive Frenzy! with Take a Walk in Our Shoes: A Mother's Day Tribute

Ann at Oh the Places You'll Go! with A New Kind of Psychologist?

Daisy at Compost Happens with The Ensemble

Lori at CommuniKate with High Top Leather Sandals, Karate Shoes, Oh My!

Carissa at Good and Crazy People with Not Your Nightmare

Melanie Dickens at Life Is Not Final. with So Many Shoes I Don't Know What To Do

Janet at Adventures in the 32-Aker Wood with Keeping Both Feet on the Ground Might Be Difficult

Deb at Mom of 3 Girls with My Mother, My Child

Krista at Welcome to Married Life with The Bane of My Existence

Patricia Rockwell at Communication Exchange with Shoes Talk

Miriam Pauline's Monologue
with They Gave away My Red Shoes

Mannequin at Fractured Toy with The Philosophy of Shoes

Lelia Chealey at Write from the Heart with These Boots Were Made for . . . Hiding?

Cally at Calico with A Word or Two on an Ugly Boot

Mary at Not Before 7 with A Girl and Her Shoes

Amy at Laughing through the Tears with Daddy's Girl

StoriesFor.Us with Competition in the Closet

Life More Abundantly with The Line

Tara at Tara Thinks About with The Shoes that Brought Me Here

Robin at Pensieve with Feets of Magic

What about Mom? with I'd Rather Go Barefoot

Sonja at Wonder Years with Sole Defining

Cecily R at My Chaos My Bliss with Toe Shoes and Dancing in the Aisles

Technorati tags:

10 comments:

Ice Cream said...

It was very hard to pick a favorite last night, there were so many fantastic pieces written. Thank for giving me this opportunity, Michelle.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!! And I do love shoes, as does my three-year old daughter! Thank you, Ice Cream Diary for picking my story!

Jordan McCollum said...

Oh, man, is May almost over?! Shoot. I had a good idea, too.

Lelia Chealey said...

That was a cute story from the shoes view of a day out. Very cute!

John Painz said...

wow, not one guy in that group...? what guy doesn't like shoes? Or ice cream?

Phyllis Sommer said...

what a great list. the winner was well-chosen!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the opportunity to particpate. Next time, a shorter piece. BREVITY seemed to have been the winning theme.

Daisy said...

I love reading the submissions! Every month the variety is amazing. I can never read them all in one sitting; it takes so much thought I have to split it up. It spreads out the pleasure, too. Thanks, Michelle, for continually sponsoring these contests!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh gosh- I almost bought those shoes pictured there!!

Steph

valmg said...

Congrats!