Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Creepy Crawlies

A friend of ours loaned us his aquatic bug collection and I can't decide if I'm more fascinated or disgusted.  I do know I was terrified of one of the kids dropping one of the vials. The only thing worse than a live beetle the size of a dump truck is a dead beetle the size of a dump--and dripping with formaldehyde.  Talk about night of the living dead.


mamabearscubhouse said...

okay. very cool. did he collect it himself or is it a store bought thing? my son is all about it, and we have many jars of uh..things in our home. including a mummifed crawfish..long story, lol.

i'd like to see a more organized, easy to view containers etc. like in your picture. uh..yeah, don't drop it.

thanks for sharing.


BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...


Knowing my luck our dog would knock these over and well...it would be a gross mess of epic proportions!