Liz wanted to know five previously unknown things about me. Unfortunately there isn't much anyone doesn't know (see my first post from the first time I was tagged for this meme and if you still want more read the post from second time I was tagged) which is why I dodged like a coward when Local Girl and Prahagirl tagged me the third and fourth time.
But I'm meekly repenting, begging forgiveness and grateful for anything that might alleviate this week's bout of writer's block. I promise to scrape the bottom of my personal history barrel for tidbits to share BUT in my typical rebellious fashion I'm adjusting this meme to fit my mood.
1. What's the most interesting job you've had? This would be a toss-up. If I were trying to impress you I'd say that I worked for a Nobel laureate at the National Archives in Washington, D.C. doing research on the Civil War (and there are more details that make that less impressive but why share more that might destroy the mystique? Let's just say I'm really good at spelling obscure and archaic medical conditions such as "ague" and "dysentery.")
BUT . . . if I were trying to win sympathy I'd tell you about the summer I worked for a construction company as a secretary but was asked to fill in as a flagger when the regular flaggers took their lunch breaks. You know the guys that hold the SLOW/STOP sign? That would be me. Imagine how fun it was for a high school girl to stand there for an hour at the busy intersection half a mile from the high school, frantic that someone she knew might drive by and recognize the big hair on top of that bright orange vest. The cruelest part? I didn't even get flagger's pay for those hours--which would have been a tidy sum of money.
2. Where did you meet your husband? Short answer? We met during the Clarence Thomas hearings. More interesting answer? After that we became good friends but started dating after a rainy evening that may or may not have involved at a hot tub--it's really much less interesting than it sounds.
3. Have you met any famous people? I saw the guy who played the ship's doctor on Star Trek--the original series--on a flight to Hawaii. He's awfully skinny. My husband worked at a hotel one summer and met Christopher Reeve (previous to his accident) and Olivia Newton John ("she looked kind of old," he said). Other than that, no.
4. What is your most annoying habit? Really you should ask Andrew or my children, they'd be the best judges. Probably having to have everything just so. House spotless, clothes clean, dirty dishes in the dishwasher. A clutter-free environment. I'm terrible about throwing things away. If you set a glass down and blink, it'll be gone and in the dishwasher. No need for coasters around here, the glasses rarely make it to the table before I've wisked them away.
5. What would be your idea of the perfect gift? After coming off of Christmas, there isn't much I'm really dreaming of--though I'd be partial to a really great pair of tall black leather boots. I've been looking for the perfect pair and it's been hard going. More expensive? You can't go wrong with clothes or jewelry.
Technorati tags: memes, motherhood, Alaska
Nice title. I really like your choice of questions as well. Very different and interesting.
hey - we have the same annoying habit! i knew you were cool ;-)
From DC to Alaska - that's a haul. We live right in the middle of Civil War history - I'm sure you've atleast heard it - Wilderness Battlefield.
I love reading these - always fun!
You went from DC to Alaska? What diversity...
We decided to start dating after a rainy night that ended at a hot tub but that's all the details I'm willing to give.
Party pooper!! ;)
Tagged thrice - woman, you are just so worth it, ya' know!?!
Thank you for playing and I'm with Dan...party pooper!
Hey! I met Christopher Reeve, too. A month before his accident he and a group of friends ate at the restaurant I was working at. They were coming from a horse show. Shades of things to come, you know?
WOW! Glad to know more about you Michelle. I've been tagged to do the same meme but have not come up with anything exciting to write about me yet. I'm just a regular gal, that's all.
Christopher Reeve huh?! That would have been exciting.
OOH! I like your answers! Very interesting. You should start this one going around. :) I need you to teach me how to have THAT annoying habit. I would love to have a clean house all the time.
Your annoying habits sound just like mine. I just didn't realize it was annoying :)
I've wasted....er, spent.....dozens of hours perusing the Zappos.com catalog. They have a great collection of boots, and their sales are usually pretty good. Plus, their random shipping upgrades are fun to get. I've only had to return a couple things, and that wasn't difficult at all. I used them all the time before the idea of paying duty and going through customs became too daunting. From Clarks and Borns to anything else you'd imagine, they've got it. Good luck with that quest. Now you've got me in the mood to go shoe shopping.....but my husband would croak at the idea of another pair of shoes in our closet, no matter how cute.
hi, i'm back from hybernation and i really missed blogging.
i've never met a noble luarete (spelling?) but i would think that it would be too intense for me. i've always imagined them to be really focused and a bit looney.
happy new year
Here's hoping the New Year brings you tall boots and unexpected jewelry. And for the internet, that you lick the writer's block and dish out more Scribbitlets. The white hot cocoa was divine, thank you!
I'd like to hear about the hot tub story! heehee
Post a Comment