Thursday, July 20, 2006

Good Things About Summer

10. Low electric and gas bills--and fewer fill-ups for the car (no driving to school).

9. Hanging out in the backyard--the best backyard in Anchorage

8. Lots of summer camps. I hardly have all four children here at the same time with all the various camps they go to. But summer also is great for having them here when I've been grocery shopping and need help unloading the car. I'm on my own with twenty gallons of milk and a gross of frozen chicken breasts once school starts.

7. Kids running through the sprinkler or jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath.

6. 4th of July. My favorite holiday after Christmas, it's always a huge family thing--this year we counted 42--though it's hard to see the fireworks when the sun is still up.

5. My garden. You should see the climbing roses I've got going--fabulous.

4. My birthday. And Andrew's birthday. And our anniversary--it all adds up to a lot of celebrating.

3. Evening walks. With daylight 24-7 we can take walks until 10 or 11.

2. Hanging my laundry out on the line. Therapeutic yet economical and I love it.

1. Alaskan summer weather. A warm day here is the best there is.



No comments: