Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's Curtains for Them

My Works for Me Wednesday entry is for those of us who don't have enough room in the house for the kids we've produced.

Our children's bedrooms are rather small and our daughters are desperate for their privacy.

As a peace offering I installed a curtain rod on the ceiling and made a floor-to-ceiling curtain to divide the corner closet area from the rest of the room as a dressing booth. This could also work installed on a ceiling cable, strung from two eyebolts, down the middle of the room between twin beds to give each child a feeling of their own room.

Check in with Rocks in My Dryer every Wednesday for other good tips.



10 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

I love this idea. I think I have another use for this idea as well. I have a laundry nitch in our hallway that needs a custom door (very expensive). I may put up a curtain instead. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Rae said...

Good idea! =)

Anonymous said...

We did this with our boys. They have a very large room but one is a neat freak and the other is a slob. The neat one couldn't stand to see the other side of the room being messy. We used eye hooks in the ceiling and 2 fabric shower curtains. It worked great and kept the peace.

Miss Notesy said...

That's a great idea! I'm sure I can use something like that when my kids get older.

Anonymous said...

I love this, awesome tip.

TC said...

Great idea!

Shalee said...

My farorite part? "for those of us who don't have enough room in the house for the kids we've produced."
That cracked me up!

Curtains are a great idea. Everyone needs their privacy at times.

Anonymous said...

I have eight children in a VERY small home! I think that this is an excellent idea!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I did something similar with my laundry room, with our bedroom closets that didn't have doors, with our pantry closets that didn't have doors. It was supposed to be a temporary fix, but they are so easy to open & look so good that it has lasted 8 years.

Christine said...

Wow. I shared a room with my brother who is 3 1/2 years younger than me my whole childhood. What a differenc this would have made!!