Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Superfreaky Mother

I took the children to the library, which has a large rolling lawn with a fountain and plenty of Canadian geese this time of year preparing for the southern migration. All of us piled out of the car, grabbed our books and the older kids ran on ahead while I walked hand-in-hand with 4 year-old Lillian.

As we walked across the lawn toward the cement stairs she looked over at the geese and said, "Mom, look at all those geese!"

"Yes," I replied, glancing at the grazing flock milling around.

She was quiet for a second as we walked, her mind turning. Finally, with a sideways glance at me she said slyly, "Mom would you freak out if I chased them?"

Hey, knock yourself out honey. They could use some exercise.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have joined her...tee hee.

Watch out for the poop.

Anonymous said...

Great, now I've got, "She's a superfreak...superfreak...she's super freaky," rolling around in my head!

I second Janet's suggestion - stupid geese!

J said...

That's too cute. I got chased by a goose once in Fairbanks, but it was one of those big white ones, I think, not a Canada goose. I don't know...I was maybe her age, though. Sometimes they bite. I say, if they'll run from you, show the suckers who's boss!

J Fife said...

How considerate of her to ask first. Aggghh... I also have "Super Freak" rolling around in my head.

*~*Cece*~* said...

*lol* My 4y.o. just runs at the birds, waving her hands wildly above her head yealling ROOOOAAAARRRRRRR!!!! There is no asking, she does it out of habit now.

Kathryn Thompson said...

I miss my Canada geese and I love that she asked if you'd freak out. I probably would have started freaking out at the suggestion just to see what she'd do.

Anonymous said...

Not cute. Not funny and they are not "Canada" geese. They are Canadian Geese, they are protected by law, it's super un-cool to chase them and even un-cooler to give the O.K. to a child who obviously knows it's wrong to harrass the wildlife. Not freaky. Just super not cool, Mom.

Scribbit said...

It's always nice to meet someone, however anonymous they wish to remain, that take waterfowl so seriously. Thanks for visiting.