Sunday, December 17, 2006

Seven Layer Cookies

These beauties couldn't be easier. Rich and tasty, make sure you have plenty of milk on hand. Oh! And a secret (shush!) if I'm ever short graham crackers I've been known to use Nilla Wafers, cookie crumbs or even cold cereal (like Honey Nut Cheerios) in a pinch.

1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs
1 1/2 c coconut
1 c butterscotch chips
1 c chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
½ c butter, melted

Layer the first six ingredients in a lightly greased 9x13 pan and pour the melted butter over top. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes until golden on top. Let them cool completely before cutting into squares or you'll have one gooey mess. Couldn't be faster or be tastier.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't cook them, but they sure look delecious.

Anonymous said...

Wow, yum! I'd be all over that if it did not have walnuts!! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds great! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! Bookmarked for holiday cooking goodness.

Anonymous said...

Think I'll try it without the walnuts. Six Layer cookies.

Anonymous said...

those look so yummy! :)

Loralee Choate said...

These are one of my favorite cookies: 1. Because the are fantabulous
and
2. Because they are so rich you can only eat one or two, thus ensuring that I will not resemble a dairy bovine after the holiday season concludes.

:)

illahee said...

wow, those look fantastic! *drools*

thanks for commenting on my blog!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm they look so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look yummy!I like your blog lots interesting things on it.Thanks for visting mine,I enjoyed reading your comment,and chould picture your girl's excitment about our baby goat :)) Our girls get a kick out them too.They really are the most enjoyable pet iv ever had,right up there with my parrot.But I do love we love all our animals.It just took us by suprise that our goats whould have such great and sweet loving personalitys.And they are so playful.Take care,Michelle

N. Mallory said...

I'm so making these tonight!

Neila said...

OMG!! Yum-O!! I better make these before I start my New Year's resolution to lose weight.

Tara said...

hey, i grew up eating those! although my mom referred to them as "hello dolly's" (hi, i'm from the south, can you tell?) and we didn't use the butterscotch chips. they are super easy to make and sooooo good :)