Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Our Lovely Write-Away Contest Winner

Thanks to the 47 entrants to this month's contest. An especially big thanks to Chilihead from Don't Try This at Home who was the blind guest judge, but knows a good post when she sees one. Be sure to visit her today and tell her thank you, for a self-proclaimed "love cynic" she did a darn good job.

. . . And the winner is:
Rarely Home Mom with her post: First Love

Julie is mother to two boys, Jake (6) and Josh (1), and likes to read, write, cook, shop, bike and hike. Blogging from the beautiful Wasatch front in Utah, she is a self-described "unsuccessful perfectionist."

"Once in a while you might find me cleaning," she says, "but don't hold your breath."

Honorable Mentions:
Janet at Dancing Through with Every Time She Sneezes I Believe It's Love
Crazy Trace with The Topic Is, of Course, Love

***

Here is a complete list of entries in the order they were received:

Karen Shanley with Painting the Air

Inkling at Imaginative Musings with Marwage Is What Bwings Us Togewher Today

Strauss at The Brave with Ten Years

Sandy at Sandy and Kurt with Dear Dad

Castle Fairchild with What Can I Do for You Today?

Sojourness from Sojourner's Truths with Sentimental Mush

Local Girl from An Island Life with Finally Found Prince Charming

Christie at The Misadventures of Captain Poopy with All for Love

Rarely Home Mom shares her First Love

The Miscellaneous Adventures of an Australian Mum with Love Is a Child's Dance and a Teething Rusk

Stephanie at Adventures in the 100 Acre Wood with Like a Momma Bird

Janet at Dancing Through with Every Time She Sneezes I Believe It's Love

One Foot In with Love Thursday: Sing the Goodnight Song

M at Toney Babies with Ah, Young Love

J.H. Siess at Colloquium with The Unimaginable: I Haven't Sung a Note in Years

Jeanie from Jeanie in Paradise with No More Sleeps

Susie J. from SusieJ.com with Love

An Ordinary Mom with My G-Rated Hot Buttons

Jessica at Farm Fresh with Thursday Thirty-One

Spit out the Cat with When God Held Me Close

Zeus from The Zeus Excuse with Wookin' Pa Nub in All Da Wong Paces. Wookin' Pa Nub

Liza's Eyeview with Sunday Scribblings: Cupid's Chronicles

The Vicountess Coralie from Life More Abundantly with You Know it's Love When . . .

Vienna from The Adventures of Jack Jack with Letter to My Son

Vienna from The Adventures of Jack Jack with Things You'll Never See Here

Amber from Random Ramblings of A Drifting Mind with Loved Like That

MC Milker from The Not Quite Crunchy Parent with Appreciate It Or Not--I Love You!

Leslie from My Mommy's Place with Suddenly the World Seems Such a Perfect Place

Patty through Yahoo 360 with Flashback in Time

Janean from J D's Daze with Introducing MG!

Kerry at Curly Girl with My Mother/My Self

DeeDee at It Coulda' Been Worse with A Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Riley DeVoe at All Rileyed Up with Loving Labor Lost

Susan Helene Gottfried at West of Mars--The Meet and Greet with Fiction Outtake: Hearts (Trevor's Song Days)

Jenny at Keep Listening with Love Keeps Knocking

Mommy Dearest at My Home Sweet Home with The Greatest Job in the World

Irene Tuazon from Pregnant Pauses with Friendship on Fire (Revisited)

The Wooden Porch with I Can't Wait for You to Have Children of Your Own

Goslyn from Wishful Thinking with Friendship and Joy

PastorMac's Ann from It's Always a Production with Love Is . . .

An Ordinary Mom with Happy Second Birthday Cory

Crazy Trace with The Topic Is, of Course, Love

Just Another Day in Paradise with What Is Love?

There were three other entrants who failed to make the deadline but should still be included in the list of posts:

Jen at Never a Dull Moment with Even Though . . .

Ma Green at Green Parenting with Love Fest 2007: G(comm Unity)nting

JUL at Looking for My Words with My Husband's Love

***
Join me again March 1st for information on next month's contest topic and prize.

For other ideas and thoughts about families and love don't forget the #41st Carnival of Family Life.

Technorati tags:

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great turnout! Congratulations to all the winners! I'm off to do some reading now!

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

Congrats to all!!!

BTW - Michelle, the first honorable mention link for crazytrace isn't working, although the 2nd one is. Just thought I'd let you know

Stephanie Appleton said...

Wow, looks like lost of good entries. Off to go check them out.

Anonymous said...

Hey...that's me...Honorable mention...Not bad...I can't wait to read the others...

Anonymous said...

Very cool!
I am glad Janet got a Mention ... her post was amazing! (they all were!)

Congrats to everyone that entered!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly - thank you! I can't wait to read the other posts now!

JHS said...

What a great turn-out! I have lots of reading to do, I see.

Don't forget to check out the Carnival of Family Life, too. There are more great posts there!

There's never a shortage of good material!

Congrats to the winners!

Scribbit said...

Fixed, thanks for telling me.

An Ordinary Mom said...

Thanks for hosting another great contest and thanks to Chilihead for being the guest judge.

Congrats Julie on your win! I guess our 10th grade English class finally paid off :)!!

I am off to go read ...

angie said...

This is an awesome contest! I know Julie and have read her blog for a while but never had read her "first love" post. I loved it! I'm excited to read the others. Thanks for your comment- it will be fun to get to know a new blogging friend!

Lei said...

can't wait for next month's edition!

Unknown said...

I think it's fantastic you are doing this. And if I can squeeze enough time out of my day, I'd love to be in the running for next month's!

Anonymous said...

Good choice. I've just read the winner and I always love anthing Janet writes. Gotta go read the rest.

Blog said...

Congratulations everyone! Great contest, Mich! :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Congrats to the winner and the honorable mentions!

What a great turn-out!