Monday, February 12, 2007

Two Little Goldfish

Andrew and I went dancing Saturday night and someone offered me two goldfish in a bowl. You may think the halves of that sentence to be unrelated but I just don't care to go into the details at this point. Some other time perhaps.

The point is, David--who has begged for a fish since he was five--was thrilled with his new friends. He instantly claimed the bigger one for himself and Lillian claimed the smaller.

So say hello to Aristides and Sally. May they live long and prosper. And no, Grace suggested the name, not I, which nudged out Demosthenes by a fin, David just couldn't pronounce it properly. And thus a goldfish was christened.

Technorati tags:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fish are cute! Becca has been asking for fish so we are attempting to build our own tank ....

Loralee Choate said...

I end up killing every fish we have ever owned.

I guess I don't have enough love for aquatic life.

Boo.

Anonymous said...

That's cute.
I hope they do live long..otherwise you'll be scaling the walls of Petland Discounts at 6pm on a holiday searching for makeup fish before your children realize what happened...(No, that never happened to me...uhm, yes it did)

Blog said...

Aristides! Funny. :) And, I can't believe random people gave you fish! Wild!

Nicole said...

Fish are fun. We just gave one to my niece as part of her 4 year old birthday present. They are GREAT for kids I think. Those names are GREAT!

Miscellaneous-Mum said...

Aristides reminds me of the names we gave many of the cows on my grandparents farm when we were little:

Vesta, Zeus etc. All the Greek and Roman God names. Naturally, Zeus was a mad, marauding bull.

Stephanie Appleton said...

Went dancing brought home goldfish? Sounds like something from my college days.

Anonymous said...

My daughter has been begging me to get her some fish but they freak me out. I could never clean the tank by myself!

wayabetty said...

Dancing huh? Good for you! I don't remember the last time we put on our dancing shoes. I think it was 2 years ago at a wedding. Sad but true. And yeah, we are gold fish folks too, that's the only pet we would have in the house with 3.5 kids, you know who would end up taking care of poop etc...if we got any other pets, right?!

amy said...

He can't pronounce Demosthenes? How strangely appropriate... ;)

Lei said...

No fish for us until our cat decides NOT to live long and prosper. Lol!