Easter Rice-Krispie Peeps Treats are a tradition around here--for the kids because they love anything with this much sugar and for me because they can make them themselves.
It's the basic Rice Krispies Treats recipe shaped into little nests with a marshmallow Peep stuck on top and surrounded by tiny candy eggs. I couldn't find tiny eggs this year for some reason and instead used tiny Wilton hearts which turned out all the cuter.
If needed they can each be sealed in a plastic bag and tied with curling ribbon as an individually wrapped treat.
You may remember that Andrew left for eight days on business in Seattle and Washington D.C. You may remember my moaning about missing out on the fun and the chance to visit our old haunt, Continental Pizzas and Subs. Well he came home last Wednesday and you know what he pulled out of his bag? Yup, bought and carried 3000 miles just for me. Eight hours later I was enjoying my tiny piece of 8-inch heaven.
Actually, he brought me six sandwiches. The sandwiches there are so huge what you're seeing is actually a quarter of a large sandwich so he technically brought me six of these babies which I rationed out over the next few days, carefully reheating and savoring bite by bite. What you see is the one that survived the longest.
1. Soundtrack: "Chevaliers de Sangreal" from The Davinci Code
2. Jazz: "Love Me or Leave Me" by Nina Simone
3. Classic Rock: "Rockin' Me" by Steve Miller Band
4. Folk: "Down to the Water to Pray" by Alison Krauss
5. Opera: "Ah Tutti Contenti" from The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
6. Pop: "I Like the Way You Move" by The Bodyrockers
7. Ballad: "I Know You by Heart" by Eva Cassidy
Yvonne at Grow Your Writing Business asked about successful blogging secrets, things I've done that contribute to my blogging. Here are six:
1. Writing in my journal every week--it keeps me at the keyboard and helps the words flow.
2. Having children--where else would my material come from?
3. Marrying Andrew--see #2. You too could have a blog if you were married to this man, he's my agent, my manager and I'm his straight man.
4. Gardening--I like to see things grow whether it's my blog or my peonies.
5. Cooking--This ensures I have at least one thing a week to post about. Guaranteed.
6. Keeping a sense of humor--it's taught me to see the potential of otherwise tragic circumstances.
Technorati tags: Easter, Peeps, recipes, holidays, music, Rice Krispie Treats. blogging