Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Beaded Backpack Danglers

Beaded Backpack DanglersI'm coming to the end of my summer crafts series, the kids are back in school today. I'm glad to have more of my time as my own again but it's been a fun summer and I hate to see it end. In September I'll be posting weekly lunch tips for those of us stuck in the peanut butter and jelly rut.

This craft will probably appeal to the young lady in your life. There's something about dangley things and beads and clips that just make girls go silly and this idea is great for back-to-school time where girls can make them for their friends and exchange or collect them as needed.

For this project you'll need large safety pins, an assortment of beads or buttons and plastic lacing.

Cut a five or six-inch length of lacing, fold it in half and loop it over the secure end of the safety pin, drawing the cut ends around the shaft and through the loop to tighten. Thread beads on each piece of lacing, knotting the ends securely (and you'll have to pull tightly to get that plastic stuff to hold fast).

You could also use tiny brass bells or charms for a special touch--just fasten them on a backpack and enjoy.

Check in with Rocks in My Dryer every Wednesday for other good tips.

Technorati tags:

9 comments:

Damselfly said...

Oh my goodness, this brings back memories. (I almost typed "mammaries." Guess you know where my mind is.) My BFF made me something similar and called it a friendship pin. We put them on our shoes, on our jeans, anywhere.

Anonymous said...

That's too cool! :)

Deb said...

Those are neat! I'll be looking for the lunch tips - this is the first year we've had to deal with full-day school...

PS - There's something for you on my blog... http://debmomof3.blogspot.com/2007/08/am-i-really-so-nice.html

Heffalump said...

School starts in a week for us. I am both ready, and yet so not ready for it. The summer just flew by.

Melissa Stover said...

so cute. my daughter's would love that.

Patois42 said...

Thanks for all your neat ideas. I think we tried four or five of them. The castles were the biggest hits (once the boys were able to add cannons and the like and the girl could call it her Pokemon castle).

Lei said...

Oh, this is too fun! Adriana will love it!

Simply Stork said...

these do bring back memories...my daughter has been making these too...I just love it!
~simply stork~

Bernardita Infante said...

Great article! Thanks for the info.keep up the good work. More power and Godbless:)