Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Necklace by Bine

Beaded Necklace by BineAndrew travels a bit with his job, today he's up in Barrow, the northernmost point in North America (quick trivia: the town's original name was Ukpeagvik which is an Inupiat word that means "Place Where Owls Are Hunted").

I don't mind too much when he's gone but I mind a lot less when he's sweet enough to bring me back treats. In June he bought me this unusual beaded daisy chain he found at a shop on the Spit in Homer, Alaska and I love it--particularly the matte blue finish on the beads. I don't have anything like it. The artist's name is given only as "Bine."

Things like this that are beyond my skills always impress me, it makes me want to take up beading.

Technorati tags:

17 comments:

Bernie said...

Aren't you lucky to get gifts from travels...

When I went to Nth Wales in 2005, I bought back some diamond stud earings for L!

http://burntofferings.blogspot.com/

Happy WW!

Holly Schwendiman said...

I have always loved the detail of art like this! I remember my mom bringing home pictures and necklaces as a girl of them.

Hugs,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Wow. Stunning necklace! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Ooo too pretty!

Lori said...

Thats one purty necklace right there:) Happy WW.

Gattina said...

Very original necklace !

ZAM said...

Hi Michelle. I have always liked beads. My sister and I have some good buys. Although I would love to make my own, I have not really found the time to start making one. Hopefully soon.

Carina said...

The last travel gift I got was my iPod. It sure makes it easier when they're away when you know they're thinking about you and going to bring home goodies!

I lovet he necklace. That's an heirloom right there.

SabineM said...

very nice! And how sweet of him!

I loved Homer! We stayed at a nice B&B there. The Spit had some great shops!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet husband you have there!

Thea @ It's Me Vs. Me said...

I agree that it is so much easier when they come home bearing gifts!

This is my kind of jewelry. Very simple and beautiful. And blue to boot!

wayabetty said...

OHH, that's a beautie! Well, what request should I put in for the hubbie when he travels to Australia and Japan in Oct? Kangaroo meat? Just kidding!

The Transformer said...

I love to get presents like that.

Anonymous said...

That is so unusual.... :-)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

I love surprises! That is so unique. I love unique jewlery.

Lei said...

Beautiful. I love jewelry.

That is all. :)

Anonymous said...

That's really pretty!