I know you all have hours of holiday time left to burn, so here are some things that might help pass the hours:
* A vocabulary test to see if you know what embrangle, carrageen or coleopteras are (thanks to Allysha at Bells on Their Toes) It. Never. Ends. 7000 grains of rice and I'm begging for more . . .
* A geography test to see if you know anything about anywhere (thanks to Gosduck at Wishful Thinking). OH THIS IS FUN! I scored 368,000 points and 111 for my traveler I.Q. but it wasn't enough to continue to the final two levels. I got Guinea and New Guinea mixed up under the pressure of being timed. Who knew Paraguay and Uruguay were so far apart? D'oh!
* Jen at Something to Say is hosting with Allison at Soccer Mom in Denial a reading day challenge in January for all who are interested . . . if you're not still playing that geography game.
* GoodyBlog is hosting some fabulous giveaways this week.
Also, thanks to Waily Waily for passing this award my way:and to Ames for this one:A lot of these awards go around the blogging circuit but here are some bloggers who deserve them both:
* Babysteps--she's kind and thoughtful and her emails always make me chuckle. I try not to drink any beverages when reading them as it's too dangerous.
* My Fairbanks Life--because Theresa's got a good sense of humor where the winters are COLD.
* My Many Colored Days for Lei's thoughtful insights (where have you been Lei?? We miss you!)
Also, I got this award from JD's Daze:and am passing it along to:
* Adventures in Babywearing--because Stephanie knits, she blogs, she carries the baby.
* Like Merchant Ships--because Meredith saves money and makes it look fun.
* Littlemummy.com--because Erica is a Wonder Woman and Erin is Wonder Baby.
I also thought I'd use this as a chance to showcase some blogs I've only just discovered and am frequenting. I hope you can make it through the whole list as they're all great reads and are people I hope to get to know better.
* Are We There Yet Mom?--With three girls, a boy and a husband of eight years it's no wonder her blog is so enjoyable.
* Little Elephants--I have an extensive list of craft blogs but this is a new one that has some cute ideas. I like her header and title too.
* Chocolate on My Cranium--What else do you need to know other than she's a mom to seven who loves chocolate? Oh, and she just turned 30 and has great ideas.
* My Chaos My Bliss--Cecily takes beautiful photos and has entertaining kids.
* Overstuffed with Wonder-- Lara has three sweet daughters and stories to tell.
* Summer's Nook--Another great read that I'm enjoying. Terrific stuff.
* The McIllece Spot--Amber is my cousin, has three beautiful children and is terribly crafty.
* What Works for Us--She cracks me up.
* The Chronicles of a SAHM--The Nap Warden is also funny and entertaining.
* "Life Isn't about Finding Yourself. Life Is about Creating Yourself."--Long title but Sabine is a sweet woman in California with a family and horses. You'll love her.
* Tammy's Times--I warn you now, this is another great blogger with an Etsy store that you won't be able to resist . . . just warning you . . .
Congratulations to Kim of North Bend, Washington who has won this week's Saturday giveaway. She has a new pair of silver heart earrings from Over the Moon Jewel to enjoy. Once again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the entry form host site breaking down on Saturday--it's fixed and ready for action again this week. Ah, technology.
Technorati tags: blogging, awards games