Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Cookie Puzzles

The Winter BazaarWelcome to the Winter Bazaar, this is the last week for the Bazaar this year but don't let that stop you from joining in next week. In January I'll be posting general activities for kids, New Year's tips, some fun games I've found, all kinds of things to help deep, dark January be more fun. Have you got a fun family game? An easy kid-helper recipe? Ideas for helping with New Year's resolutions? Fun activities for winter play? I can use all the help I can get!

***

Cookie PuzzleChristmas may be over but not only is there still plenty of celebrating to do in December, this idea is easily adapted to other holidays or birthdays. All you need is a package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough and some small cookie cutters. Let the kids roll out the dough with a little extra flour into a not-too-thin square on a greased cookie sheet and press a floured cookie cutter into the middle but don't pull the cookie out. Pull out the cookie cutter but leave the cut shape stuck in the dough.

Next make other cuts in the dough, being careful not to pull the dough apart or separate the pieces, then let them paint the tops of the pieces with some beaten egg whites colored with food coloring to make the pieces pretty. Bake the cookie according to the package directions and when it comes out of the oven let it cool before you take it off the pan and separate the pieces.

Cookie fun never tasted so good.



Technorati tags:

7 comments:

Amber M. said...

Such a fun idea! My kids will enjoy this, but I think I'll have to spend another hour on the treadmill if I even WATCH my kids eat another cookie...:-) Hope your Christmas was heavenly!

Amy said...

That is so cute! A definite idea for next year!

Pieces said...

That is a cute idea! I completely forgot that today is Wednesday so no Winter Bazaar post for me. :)

Kris said...

I totally did this today and the kids LOVED it...THANKS!

Cecily R said...

That. Is. SO. Cool! Even crafty impaired me could pull that one off! Hooray! Something I can do!! My kids will be thrilled!

Ice Cream said...

Wonderful! I have lots of leftover sugar cookie dough in the freezer and I am sick of making Christmas cookies. I bet the kids would love this.

Romance, Rumours and Rogues said...

My 4 yo is going to love this!