Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chicken Caesar Salad

Chicken Caesar SaladAre you up for another great salad recipe? I'm always looking for good salads, they're so versatile and tasty and healthy. Grace doesn't like them at all but the rest of us love a big salad dinner.

Oh, and please don't forget that anchovy paste--you're not going to get a Caesar-tasting salad without it.

6 cups torn romaine
2 cups sliced, cooked chicken
2 cups sliced mushrooms
croutons

Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonnaise
¼ cup grated Parmesan
½ teaspoon ground pepper
¼ cup lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon anchovy paste

Mix the first three ingredients then mix the ingredients for the dressing separately and toss all together. Add the croutons on top and enjoy!

***

Heather at Cool Zebras and Trish who commented at 5:45pm have both won copies of the Laura Childs mystery The Silver Needle Murder that I was giving away last week. Happy reading! Please contact me to claim your prize Trish.

Technorati tags:

9 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Oh, dear, I always loved Caesar salad; but now that I know about that anchovy paste, I'm not so sure.

Anonymous said...

This is looking hot I love this thanx for sharing.

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Anchovy paste is a great invention for those of us who aren't crazy about the fishy quality of anchovies. It comes in a tube; you just squeeze a blob into salad dressing and get that amazing, salty flavor -- and no little fish!

jean said...

Yum. I'll have to make that. But don't tell my son about the anchovy paste. He has no clue and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm going to Florida tomorrow. Did you need anything from Sanibel?

Stephanie said...

mmm - that looks delicious!

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh...that looks so good. I have always wanted a good recipe for Ceasear dressing. I'll have to give this a try! (once that darn diet ends...)

Amy said...

As always, it sounds delicious! You are a pro in the kitchen, my friend!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

As soon as you said Anchovy Paste... well, sorry that was where you lost me... though I will make the rest of it and go something different on top... still sounds delicious... take care

Scribbit said...

For those of you concerned about anchovy paste you'll just have to trust me on this one. Anchovies are seriously the secret ingredient that you can live without when it comes to caesar dressing. You can't tell they're there but if they're not you can tell something's wrong.