Tuesday, June 03, 2008

June's Write-Away Contest

Soapier.comI hope you're all looking forward to a lovely summer, I think I'll have to pull out the mower this afternoon and trim up the yard for the first time this season.

So for this month's Write-Away Contest topic I'm thinking about summer travel, vacations and lazy days in the hammock. The topic is "Going Places" and once again you can take it literally or figuratively, it just depends on the mood you're in--I love reading the variety of posts you all produce on the same theme.

If you'd like to participate here are the rules:

1. Write a post or find one in your archives on the topic, "Going Places" and email your post's permalink to me at: scribbit at gmail.com any time through Wednesday June 18th. If you fail to meet the June 18th deadline I will still happily publish your link with the list of entries but it will not be judged. I reserve the right to reject submissions if they fail to meet the topic or if they contain objectionable content.

2. Publish a link to the contest page here at Scribbit in either your entry post or in a separate post.

3. Check back here on Friday June 20th when I will post a complete list of the entries along with the Write-Away Winner and any honorable mentions our judge sees fit to award.

Our guest judge this month is Lei from the wonderful blog My Many Colored Days an excellent writer who has had a wonderful feature called "Woman to Woman" where bloggers can post on a topic of special interest to women.

Soapier.comThe prize this month is a $50 gift certificate to Soapier.com, a lovely store that recently came to my attention, selling everything to keep you clean and soft this summer: soaps, lotions, massage oils, body scrubs, loofahs, you name it. If it suds, exfoliates or moisturizes you'll find it there.

Anyway, the Write-Away winner gets a $50 gift certificate to Soapier and if I may be so bold I would recommend the goat's milk body lotion in the bergamot-coriander fragrance as part of your order. I was sent some samples of their products and the soaps, oils and scrubs were wonderful and smelled so good but I particularly liked this lotion because it was nice and thick--great for moisturizing but not greasy--and the smell was a little exotic. Maybe I'm in an exotic mood lately but boy it smells good, I've almost used up my bottle.

Fifty dollars will go quite far and even if you don't plan on entering the contest you can still get 15% off your order by entering SCRIB at checkout. Sweet huh?

But besides this the winner and all runners-up or honorable mentions (I leave that up to the judge to award them) will also get to take home this attractive Write-Away Winner button which he or she may display in their sidebar if they wish.

Write-Away Contest WinnerGood luck, I look forward to reading your entries.

Technorati tags:

20 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Looks like a great topic and prize. I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

Gilit Frank said...

Hi Michelle,

I'm new here - found your blog through Robin, Around the Island blogger. Could you please direct me to examples from previous contests?

Looking forward to reading them!

Phyllis Sommer said...

great topic! look forward to working on this one.

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Hmmm....I'll be thinking!

Sonja said...

Sweet!

Unknown said...

These contests are fun and creative!

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Love your contest-ideas! Since we are just back from a holiday, I'll definitely participate! Doubles the fun...holidaying and blogging about the holiday!

Daisy said...

Oh, this sounds like fun. I can't wait to read the entries, whether I send one of my own or not!

Anonymous said...

no matter how advance people will be, gas keep soaring.........

Flea said...

Hmm. I'm not happy with my entry, but it's here:
http://thegoodflea.com/2008/06/oh-places-i-stay.html

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you my url for this. Can't wait to read everyone's entries!

Sage said...

You have an email :-)

Anonymous said...

I wrote a mini-series of posts on our family vacation this April (label: Road Trip). I'll have to pick one out and send it in.

daysease said...

Dumb question? How do i "publish a link to the contest page"? Really don't understand how to do it. Excuse me...

Anonymous said...

I just adore writing contests. Not that I in any way,shape or form can write but still... it's fun!

Rebecca Reid said...

perilloparodies: it just means to put a link to this page on the bottom of your blog post (or any post) like I did at the bottom of mine here.

I look forward to reading these!

Ice Cream said...

I'm so excited about the thought of fitting into my bathtub again (after baby is born) that I decided I must try for these lovely prizes. =)

Unknown said...

I am sending my eamil right now!

daysease said...

i just sent in my entry. this is exciting, and i look forward to checking back to see the results. have fun!!!

Belladonna said...

what a delicious way to spend a few hours of middle of the night insomnia...some lovely pieces here. thanks ever so much for gathering them.