When Grace was born I bought this little car seat that I ended up using on each one of my children when they were infants. By the time we got to the youngest eight years later that car seat had been well-used and had seen many battles but when I compare it to the seats they have now all I can say is "Wow!"
It's nearly enough to induce me into having another baby.
But not quite.
The good folks at Evenflo sent me their latest Evenflo Symphony model whose amazing claim to fame is that, along with having a Sure-Latch safety feature, it can safely fit a five-pound infant and, as he or she grows, continue to accommodate them until they reach 100 pounds.
Fifteen years ago I had to buy an infant seat, a toddler seat and then a toddler booster chair--those were lean years and I would have loved to have had an all-in-one model such as this. But . . . being that I no longer have a logical way to test it out (Spencer would get kind of tense if I made him sit in it for a test run) I asked some friends of ours who have had quite a bit of experience with car seats to help me out.
After successfully parenting ten--count them TEN--children, the youngest of whom is in high school our friends decided to become foster parents and as a result adopted two beautiful little children, a boy and a girl. It hasn't been easy, both babies have had difficult medical conditions that have made life anything but smooth, but the oldest is now three years old and I was thrilled to hear that they could use a new car seat and were game to help me review it.
You can consider their opinion to be rock solid in judgment and fairness, here's what they liked about the Evenflo Symphony car seat:
- It’s easy to strap in a child, it's very user-friendly.
- The car seat is aesthetically pleasing and looks like a classy piece of furniture. The neutral color allows it to look good into any car.
- The fabric is beautiful and can be easily washed. It feels soft and is gentle to a baby’s skin.
- It’s amazing to have one car seat fit a baby from 5 pounds to a child that weighs up to 100 pounds.
- The safety standards have not only been wonderfully tested, but also exceed the requirements.
- This car seat is easy to wash since re-threading the liner is unnecessary.
- The sliding headrest is an amazing innovation.
- The cup holder made our 3 year-old feel all grown-up.
- She also thinks it’s wonderfully comfortable, it’s her "princess chair."
And thanks to Evenflo I have yet another Evenflo Symphony Carseat to offer to one lucky winner this week so polish up the karma, cross your fingers and follow these simple steps to get your shot at it:
Here's how to win:
Before 12 am Monday go to the giveaway entry form on this page and enter your name and email. I will pick one of the names at random, contact the winner via their email and publish the winner's first name and home town in next Tuesday's post. See the bottom of the entry form for more details.
I'm sorry but this is only open to readers with a U.S. address.
Technorati tags: product reviews, giveaways, Evenflo, car seats