One of the greatest things I've seen the internet produce is those online photo books that you can create using your own digital pictures. To me, being able to upload your photographs then arrange them with backgrounds and text, click a button and have a real, honest-to-goodness, hardcover book arriving at your doorstep, bound and beautiful is one of the greatest uses of the web.
I've seen other photo book sites before, they're multiplying daily, but after using the Shutterfly site I have to admit it's the best of the best.
- They have a step-by-step tutorial on how to create one of their books.
- Shutterfly doesn't have the bugs I've seen at other places, making uploading slow and difficult.
- Customer service is great.
- You can share your uploaded photos online without even having to create a book.
- You can create cards, stationery and other things besides books with your photos.
- You get free shipping with an order of $25 and 20% off a second photo book, which seems to be standard procedure for the moment.
Shutterfly was generous enough to give me coupons to try out four sizes of their books and I have four more coupons to give out today for those of you who would like to try it for yourself.
I have a coupon to try out a 5 x 7 size, a 7 x 9, an 8 x 8 and an 8 x 11 and I'll draw four names to spread that love around. The codes must be used before November 30, 2009 which ought to give you time to get a book done in time for the holidays.
Thanks Shutterfly! Here's to happy online scrapping!
Here's how to win:
Before 12 am Tuesday morning (I'm giving you an extra day with this because of the Labor Day weekend) go to the giveaway entry form on this page and enter your name and email. I will pick one of the names at random, contact the winner via their email and publish the winner's first name and home town in next Tuesday's post. See the bottom of the entry form for more details.
This giveaway is open to all readers.