Sunday, October 17, 2010

Linguini Puttanesca

This is one of my favorite go-to recipes for a quick dinner and while it is one of those dishes where it's guaranteed to offend nearly everyone at the table (Diner A doesn't like olives, Diner B doesn't like capers, Diner C doesn't like any of the above plus distrusts the little green leaves throughout) I like it and that's pretty much all that counts, right??

Trust me. It's good.

6-8 roma tomatoes, finely diced
½ cup diced olives
3 tablespoons capers
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
16 ounces linguini
parmesan

Mix everything but the linguini together (if I'm in a hurry I tend to resort to pulsing the tomatoes in a food processor) while the linguini is boiling. Once the noodles are draining throw the tomato mixture into the hot, empty stock pot and let it heat slightly.  Toss the noodles back in the pot and mix them well to coat.

Serve topped with freshly grated parmesan.

4 comments:

Raejean said...

My kiddos made puttanesca one time after reading the Series of Unfortunate events. I was surprised when they found a recipe online because I thought it was made up!

jean said...

Just your description of it made me want to try it. It's not often that I can offend everyone on purpose!

corporate events said...

Now that looks really good!

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious. Look up the origin of the word "puttanesca". It won't be only the ingredients that are guaranteed to offend!