I'm not a terribly complex person and I'm easily impressed--if you want my undying affection here is the map:
1. Fill my car with gas. Leaving me with an empty tank is cruel at best and life-threatening on a bad day. But fill 'er up and I'm yours forever.
2. Replace the toilet paper with a fresh roll. You wouldn't even have to wait for the old roll to run out--it's the act of replacing that is key.
3. Make the bed. Andrew does this frequently--though he could probably argue (if he weren't such a gentleman) that it's easier to make a bed when there's not a body in it.
4. Scrape off my car. This won't mean much to anyone living in Florida, but there's nothing to heat up a romance like a man willing to scrape off your icy windows and heat up your car when it's been sitting outside.
5. Put the dirty dishes into the dishwasher. That extra foot of traveling distance between the sink and the dishwasher is the path to enlightenment and total fulfillment. I promise.
6. Call me at lunch. Every day--or nearly every day I get my lunch time call. If that doesn't say "I love you" I don't know what does, especially when I know he could be catching up on the scores or his favorite blogs during that precious lunch hour.
7. Take me out Friday nights. By the time that day comes around I'm radioactive. I don't care if it's a movie, Quizno's or just browsing at Barnes and Noble, time away wins you big points.
8. Watch Sandra Bullock movies. When a man willingly sits through The Lakehouse or While You Were Sleeping--especially a second time--he's a keeper.
9. Read my blog. Then tell me you like it, even when I'm posting about a salad.
10. Be the "bad" guy once in a while. Parenthood is all about effectively utilizing the Good Cop/Bad Cop thing. Unfortunately I'm usually the Bad Cop. But when I can say "Just wait 'till your father gets home" and have it mean something, I'll love you forever.
11. Let me talk. And talk and talk and talk. Even when it's 11pm and you're dying to go to sleep. But you can't go to sleep, not yet . . .
12. Tell me that I'm your Trophy Wife. What more is there to say?
13. Play "Lava Monster" and "Weird Bunny" and "Harry Potter Soup" with my kids. And like it.
More about the Thursday Thirteen meme.
Technorati tags: Thursday Thirteen, Valentine's Day, love, lists