Friday, February 22, 2008

Why Sausages?

Sausages and LilyI'll get the Write-Away Contest results out later this morning, they're coming I promise--but for the moment here's a thought to let you savor:

Andrew was reading on the couch after dinner--probably his Fortune magazine--when Lillian approached with a very serious face.

"Dad?"

"Hmmm?"

"What if you were doing a handstand?"

He turned a page and she continued, "And then what if when you were doing the handstand you had your eyes closed and then when you were doing the handstand and had your eyes closed you had sausages hanging from your feet. What would you do?"

"What?" He said, looking up from the magazine.

"Do you like sausages?"

"Sure, yea I like sausages."

"Okay."

Ah, life with Lillian. And with sausages.

14 comments:

Robin said...

Lillian cracks me up, I love hearing these stories.

luvmy4sons said...

Okay. She is a total hoot! How precious!

Shelli said...

Kids are so creative. How did she think of that?

Anonymous said...

hehehe The imagination on that girl!

mumple said...

This age is such an adventure--you never know what to expect (and you never get what you do expect!)

Good thing you're getting it all written down so you *embarrass* her later!

Megan Cobb said...

Ha haaaaaa! She's got a brain just like yours - very creative! And she takes others along for the ride, which is super nice of her.

My stepkids (especially my stepson) went through a phase wherein they needed to ponder such mysteries as, "What if a ______________ was as big as a house?" They'd fill in the blank with anything from "Cheerio" to "mosquito" and then we'd all have to propose our own scenario based upon that phenomenon. (ie if a Cheerio was as big as a house, it'd take a LAKE of milk to cover a whole bowl of them.) I love kids' minds though. Sometimes it's nice to abandon reality, is it not?

Heather said...

It's amazing the things kids come up with.

Claremont First Ward said...

Totally rolling.....:)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh..really odds.I agree: it's very creative..I'm laughing and I share. So precious this moments! With all difficulties about reading english themes and your history Michelle I manage to comment your posts. I'm very glad and I'm looking forward to hear from you. Thanks. Greetings from Italy. Yes in my region sausages are a typical food famous all over in Italy.

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

That cracks me up! What a CHARACTER!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Okaaaay...

shannon said...

I love it! My 6 year old daughter who claims to be a vegetarian goes ga-ga for sausage as well. She claims that it is made from pig's tails and that they don't kill the pig to make sausage, so she's not really eating meat.

Anonymous said...

What goes on in these kids' minds? It is so entertaining and fascinating at the same time. Thanks for the giggle.

my4kids said...

She cracks me up also. Wow random kinda comment there, huh?