Friday, April 18, 2008

April's Write-Away Winner

Thank you to all who sent in entries for the Write-Away Contest and thanks to our guest judge, Elizabeth at Planet Nomad who judged the whopping 47 submissions on the topic of "Going Home." I thought the entries this month were especially well-written, each one was so unique to the author's interpretation of home and the feelings she had for it. I couldn't agree more with the choices the judge has made, each one is worthy of your time.

. . . And the supreme winner is:

Mrs. Annie at More Than Just a Mom with Pink Soap Makes You Smell Good

After I commented on this post (I thought it was just fabulous by the way, it really had my emotions right there along with every word) Mrs. Annie wrote back worried that I hadn't understood that this was a fictional piece. I chuckled because no, I hadn't noticed it was fiction but as I told her: good writing is good writing. See for yourself and see if you don't get sucked into the story too!

MOST Honorable Mentions:

Mozi Esme with Clean Underwear, Cheerios and Gloryland
Shacklemom at Musings in Mindanao with Whenever I Go Home, I Leave Home
Marybeth Whalen at Cheaper by the Half Dozen with I Can't Go Home Again
Jen at Never a Dull Moment with My Home Away from Home
Lori at CommuniKate with The Heartbeat of My Home
Phyllis at Ima on (and off) the Bima with Seder Night

***

Here are a list of the entries in the order they were received:

Alana at Gray Matters with Our Home Is More Than a Structure

Stephanie at Adventure in Babywearing with Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Lane at Mommylog with Pardon My English

The Diaper Diaries with Remembering Abby-Jill

Mumple at Adventures of Howler and Toad with Home

Terri at Couple-Coloured Skies with An Attitude of the Heart

Mid-Century Modern Moms with I Thought the Calendar Said SPRING Break

The View From My Fishbowl with Home

Deb at Mom of 3 Girls with Lighting the Way Home

Mozi Esme with Clean Underwear, Cheerios and Gloryland

Jennifer at Family Musings with You Can Only Go Home Once

Angie at Seven Clown Circus with Going Home

Amanda at The Little Things with The Strength of Home

Shannon at Following Our Bliss with Write-Away Contest: Going Home

TJ at Finding What Inspires with Building Our Souvenir Home

Dorit Sasson at Pieces of Me with Sedar Manners from New York to Israel and Back Again

Kelly at Don Mills Diva with Home

Lori at CommuniKate with The Heartbeat of My Home

Mrs. Annie at More Than Just a Mom with Pink Soap Makes You Smell Good

Homeschool Housewife with Disney World

Marybeth Whalen at Cheaper by the Half Dozen with I Can't Go Home Again

Mama Ka's at The World According to Kasi with Typical Alaska . . . My Home

The More, The Messier with Friday, December 30, 2005

Alice Wills Gould at I'm So Funny with Jawbreakers

Jen at Semantically Driven with The Pull of Home is Too Strong

Amy Brooke at Reflections on God's Work in Everyday Life with Where Memories Are Kept

Karen at Simply a Musing Blog with Going Home--Remembering the Past

Mama Zen at The Zen of Motherhood with Going Home/Grannie's Kitchen Table

Beanish and Other Languages I'm Learning with My Southern Roots

Arizona at The Crazy People Next Door with My Spot on the Pale Blue Dot

Shacklemom at Musings in Mindanao with Whenever I Go Home, I Leave Home

Dawnelle at The Hammatt Family Blog with Going Home

Phyllis at Ima on (and off) the Bima with Seder Night

MooBee Farm with The Beginning of Wisdom

Lindsey Beth at Snarky Bird with Back from the Bluegrass State

Jen at Never a Dull Moment with My Home Away from Home

Jubilee at Notes of Jubilee with Time to Go Home

Killashandra at Full Time in New Mexico with Coming to Home

G's Cottage with No Place to Call Home

Beth at Total Mom Haircut with Innocent Bystander

Natalie at Mombrarian with Home Away from Home

Cally at Calico with 20 Dollars

Jody at Mile High Mommy with Being a Good Girl

Mandy at Yes, and So Is My Heart with I Hope They Never Visit

Ashleyrae at Putting Hubby Through with Home, and I Didn't Even Know It

Roses Are Red, Violets are Violet with The Bassinet Bids Us Farewell

Jane at What About Mom? with Going Home Everyday

Technorati tags:

6 comments:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Congrats to everyone, and Mary Beth on the honorable mention! I will be meeting her in just a few hours!

Steph

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow. I am beyond thrilled. Thank you so much! Congrats to everyone! I need to go and read all the entries today. :)

Annie said...

Thanks so much!

There are so many great writers here!

Phyllis Sommer said...

wow, what a thrill. i can't wait to read all the other entries too. thanks so much:-)

Ice Cream said...

HA, and to think I was telling myself tonight, "I really need to get that writeaway written." I need help.

I'm so glad Mrs. Annie won, I loved her story. Now, I'm going to sit back with a piece of cheesecake and read some of the others.